If you have previously purchased Backup/Restore
Tap Backup from iCertifi’s homepage (1)
In the backup & restore Screen tap Restore from Backup(2)
You will then be taken to the file manager iCloud Drive where you backup is saved. If you’re not already in iCloud Drive just selected it from Locations. Select the folder you created for your backups and tap iCertifi inside. if you have not placed the backup in a special folder just select it from your iCloud Drive. If it’s not in the list us the search bar function and type in iCertifi to find the backup. Once selected iCertifi will begin importing the data. You will see a message saying “import Complete”. After restarting iCertifi your data will be restored
If you have not purchased Backup/Restore you can retrieve your certificates using a longer method by restoring your device from iCloud or iTunes if you have iCloud turned on or have backed up your device to iTunes:
1. Check you have a recent iCloud backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage. (You can tap a device listed under Backups to see the date and size of its latest backup)
2 Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”
3. Once you have reset your device In the Setup Assistant screen at the beginning, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
4. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud. Choose a date BEFORE you lost certificates.
Once restored your certificates should reappear in iCertifi
Video demo: https://youtu.be/DZVJy7Y0hLM?t=46s
Alternative method if you do not automatically backup to iCloud and backup to iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings.
- Connect your device to the computer that you stored your backup on.
- Open iTunes. If iTunes tells you there's an iOS update, get the latest version.
- Go to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. If you're using Windows and don’t see a File menu, press the Alt key.
- Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant.
- Click restore and wait for the process to finish. Your device will restart and then sync with your computer. Stay connected until the sync finishes.