- On your device, tap iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Featured section and tap Redeem.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
- Tap "You can also enter your code manually." In some countries, you can redeem gift cards using your built-in camera.
- If you have an iTunes or Apple Music Gift Card, enter the 16-digit code, which starts with X, from the back of the card.
If you have a promo or content code, enter the code from the back of the card.
- For store credit, tap Done.
If you're prompted with an offer for Apple Music, choose "Extend Your Membership" to redeem months of Apple Music service. If you'd prefer to redeem for store credit, choose "Use Credit for iTunes or App Store".
Learn what to do if you see an alert message or can't redeem your iTunes or Apple Music Gift Card or content code.
After you redeem your card or code, what happens next depends on the type of card or code that you redeem:
- When you redeem an iTunes Gift Card, the amount on the card credits to the Apple ID that you use to buy items from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store.
- When you redeem an Apple Music Gift Card, credit is added to your Apple Music membership.
- When you redeem a content or promo code, the item associated with the code automatically downloads to your device.